Report By Richard Geno
At the October Conservative Forum meeting, Larry Greenfield wowed the crowd of more than 320 people. Larry not only received a very warm and lengthy standing ovation at the end of his talk, but also another standing ovation after the Q&A. Larry started by congratulating The Conservative Forum and its attendees for being among the very few who were supporting conservatism before it was popular.
Larry quoted Ronald Reagan's many references to American being a "shining city on the hill." He contrasted that with the Obama stimulus bill that didn't stimulate, the bailouts that were nothing but rewards for the unions, and deficit spending that benefits only Obama's friends and cronies.
After opening remarks on domestic matters, Larry moved to what he called the Eight A's of the Obama Doctrine of "Hug a thug, and Offend Our Friends." He referred to Obama as "Chamberlain, not Churchill." He indicated that some refer to Obama as "Carter II;" but he is much worse. His childhood mentor was a Communist pedophile race baiter by the name of Frank Marshall Davis. Between ages 5-10, the formative years for establishing one's political ideoloy, Obama described himself as a "street kid" in Jakarta. He befriended Marxists at Occidental College and at Columbia University; and now he keeps those records sealed from public view.
Larry summed up Obama with the following Eight A's:
1. Apology - His anti-American statements made on foreign soil and his dismissiveness and derisiveness of Europe, contrasted with his bowing to a Saudi king. His apologies to Muslims for our behaviour when the truth shows that Americans have spilled blood in Kuwait, Bosnia, Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan on behalf of Muslims.
2. Anti-American - He appeared before 200,000 non-voting Germans indicating that he was a "citizen of the world," rather than an American. He is shown in a picture getting on an airplane, reading "Post Americanism." He took the side of a foreign nation against the sovereign state of Arizona.
3. Abandonment of Allies - He has distanced himself from our friends around the world - India, Japan, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Columbia, Great Britain, Honduras, Western Europe and New Europe. While he had time to fly to Europe to appeal to the International Olympic Committee to have Chicago be the home of the Olympics, he skipped out on the 20th anniversary celebration of the fall of the Berlin Wall. Many slights and offenses have been aimed at the little country of Israel. He supported the effort to have the democratic country of Honduras removed from the Organization of American States.
4. Antipathy to Security - Obama is the first American president who has told the world that we would not retaliate against chemical or nuclear attack with nuclear weapons, fundamentally eliminating the nuclear deterrent. He has essentially turned in one of our sovereign states - Arizona - into the United Nations. He is only the second president who never served our country in the military; hence, the reference to military personnel as "corpseman."
5. AWOL on Human Rights - Has done nothing in negotiating human rights with other nations; he took it off the table with the Chinese. He has gotten involved in no trade negotiations. He did nothing when the freedom fighters in Iran were fighting those who stole their election. Some of the freedom fighters lamented to President Obama, "Are you with us or with our dictators?"
6. Appointments - He has appointed more radicals than all other previous presidents combined.
7. Arrogance and Alinskyism - No president has been so thin-skinned, or just plain mean-spirited, that he has resorted to personal attacks of his political enemies. He has used the charge of "racist" and other scurrilous charges to his perceived political enemies, including Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, the Chamber of Commerce, conservatives, returning vets, a police officer in Boston, Joe the Plumber, Tea Party attendees, Republicans, and Pennsylvanians "who cling to their guns and bibles."
8.(Pro-) Arab - Obama has given the benefit of the doubt to Syria and other belligerents who happen to be Arab. He has signaled his allegiance to Arabs by bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia. He has appeased the Palestinians and Hamas; and, at the same time, asked Israel to make concessions.
There have been three great generations who have made America great, and it is going to take a fourth to keep America the land of the free, and the home of the brave. The three previous great generations were the Founders, those who led us through the Civil War, and the Greatest Generation. The Tea Party Movement may very well need to be the fourth.
Check out their presentations!